Any person who fulfils a coaching role at Sheffield Oaks RUFC is required to:
- Respect all referees and the decisions they make (remember it could be you refereeing next week) and ensure that the players recognise that they must do the same.
- Recognise the importance of fun and enjoyment when coaching players. Understand that most learning is achieved through doing.
- Provide positive feedback, where possible, in a constructive and encouraging manner to all players during coaching and games.
- Keep winning and losing in perspective – encourage players to behave with dignity in all circumstances.
- Ensure that players are coached in a safe environment.
- Never allow a player to take part in inappropriate training or play when injured.
- Ensure that their knowledge and coaching strategies are up to date and in line with RFU philosophy – please contact the Committee if it is believed that your coaching ability should be augmented by, e.g., undertaking an additional coaching qualification.