The Sheffield Oaks RUFC’s Players Code of Conduct is based on the core values from the RFU: Teamwork • Respect • Enjoyment Discipline • Sportsmanship
All playing members of Sheffield Oaks RUFC are therefore required to:
- Recognise and appreciate the efforts made by coaches, match officials and the committee to provide you the opportunity to play the game and enjoy the rugby environment.
- Care for and respect the facilities and equipment made available to you.
- Respect your teammates and coaches by being punctual for training and matches, and communicating where applicable availability with the coaches or captains.
- Take responsibility for the creation of an enjoyable and successful environment.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance (dress code post match is shirt, trousers (not jeans) and club tie).
- Honour the spirit and promote the positive aspects of Rugby Union such as fair play, good sportsmanship and the recognition of good play by team mates and opponents.
- Play to the IRB Laws of the Game and accept, without question, all referees’ decisions even if they appear to make a mistake. Let your captain or coach ask any relevant questions.
- Play with control. Do not lose your temper. Do not use foul language. Respect your opponent. Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- In addition, all players are reminded that: Winning and losing is part of sport; Win with humility – lose with dignity.
- Players should, at all times, act appropriately when representing Sheffield Oaks RUFC both on the pitch and while attending any social event representing the club. Inappropriate behaviour will only serve to jeopardise the hard work put in by our members in order to maintain a positive public image of the club and, as a consequence, put at risk mutually beneficial agreements which have been put in place between the club and outside parties.